Saturday, March 10, 2012

Beginning Smart Breadmaking

I'm the author of "Smart Soapmaking," "Milk Soapmaking," and "Smart Lotionmaking." Also one cookbook, "Baking with Cookie Molds."

Lately, it's been bread, especially sourdough and variations. I'm not really interested in writing another book, and besides, there are already approximately one million bread books out there. I've found some useful and others to be a waste of money and time. I'll be discussing them on this blog. However, the world obviously doesn't need another one.

So, no book. Instead, I'm going to chronicle my adventures in a blog. I hope those of you who are interested in breadmaking will follow along and offer comments. I plan to be frank about my failures, and I'm eager to hear what you have to say. I'll do a happy dance about my successes, too.

I like to keep things fairly simple, but if a little science is helpful, I'll work it in. I'm not a scientist, so nothing is going to get technical.

I'll post soon about my San Francisco sourdough baguettes, which I finally worked out--but I sure made my share of lousy bread along the way. Good thing my neighbor likes to make croutons. She got quite a bit of material while I was figuring the whole thing out.


No comments:

Post a Comment